As we all at Christoforos Charity Foundation want to grow this registered charity (1201639) to help children enjoy life to the best and help them to understand when and how often there should use social media and which platforms can be considered safe, as it has been identified that there are many dangers to the mis-use of social media and the dangers of the Dark web and cyber bullying.
We will on a regular basis organise functions such as trips, tours, dinner and dances, which require administration on these functions and at our offices and with the help of volunteers this will help our charity grow from strength to strength and give children a better quality of life.
Volunteer with CCF
If you enjoy activities and games, have some spare time at the weekend and would like to spend time with children, CCF could be the rewarding volunteering opportunity for you!
Whilst you will be enjoying activities with children in the age group of 12-16, you’ll provide assistance and enjoying the activities of the day, also help them achieve their personal development goals, and of course have lots of fun! The children will get a chance to learn new skills, make new friends. No experience is necessary – just lots of energy, enthusiasm and a willingness!
No previous experience of working with children is required, just enthusiasm and energy! We invite all our new volunteers to attend an induction, which will introduce you to the charity and your role as a volunteer coach, teach you some of the basics of supporting children and give you a chance to meet other new coaches.
We ask coaches to commit to attending at least 2 sessions a month for a minimum of 6 months, but there is no maximum limit — you can come as many times as you like! You’ll receive a CCF t-shirt and Jacket and we award badges for frequent attendees. Regular coaches receive additional training opportunities, invites to our exciting volunteer socials, and the chance to progress to becoming a volunteer team captain.
With busy lives, it can be hard to find time to volunteer. However, the benefits of volunteering can be enormous. Volunteering offers vital help to people in need, worthwhile causes, and the community, but the benefits can be even greater for you, the volunteer.
The right match can help you to find friends, connect with the community, learn new skills, and even advance your career.
Volunteering doesn’t have to involve a long-term commitment or take a huge amount of time out of your busy day. Giving in even simple ways can help those in need and improve your health and happiness.
- Volunteering connects you to others.
- Volunteering is good for your mind and body.
- Volunteering can advance your career.
- Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life.
CCF volunteer agreement
CCF WORLD, is dedicated to our volunteers and is committed to providing you with the best possible experience when you get involved. We value volunteers who give their time to help us in our work.
As a volunteer you can expect:
- To be a part of a unique and evolving charity that is providing a valuable service to children giving them activities absolutely FREE
- To be introduced to how the organisation works and your role within it.
- A supportive environment that ensures a positive experience for you as a volunteer.
- To be invited to volunteer at special events and fundraising activities.
- Reimbursement of any reasonable travel expenses.
- To be treated fairly and equally with dignity and respect, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, (dis)ability, religion or sexual orientation.
- A safe and healthy environment for you to volunteer in.
- Any problems or complaints to be investigated quickly and resolved fairly.
- Recognition for your efforts and successes – celebrating achievements and rewarding loyalty and dedication.
- To receive, if required, a reference after having attended the minimum number of sessions.
Our expectations of volunteers:
- To maintain and uphold the reputation and good name of the charity.
- To treat other volunteers, staff and service users fairly and with dignity, and to respect everyone equally, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender or gender identity, age, (dis)ability, religion or sexual orientation.
- To ensure appropriate levels of confidentiality and data protection are upheld.
- To uphold our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and that you report any concerns you have about the safety and wellbeing of Children to the Coordinator as soon as possible.
- To adhere to all health and safety instructions, including precautions to limit the spread of Covid-19.
- To be punctual and reliable when attending, and inform the coordinator via phone call as soon as possible if you are unable to attend.
- To bring energy, enthusiasm and a willingness to learn to all sessions.
Click on Image to download form